Everything You Ever Wanted to Know
About My 'Tennis in Paris!' Website
and a little bit about me as well!
The phrase "Raison d'Etre"
which appears on the top of my main page,
translates to "Reason for Being",
or, in modern terms, as "Mission Statement".
I am 60-something (!) years old,
born and raised in New York,
and currently residing in Kentucky.
I have been playing tennis since 1975
and am a USTA-rated 4.0 NTRP,
though injuries have sidelined me,
This was my license plate . . . really!|
(yes, I realize it has multiple meanings!)
Virginia residents can create
their own license plate at:
Virginia Dept. of Motor Vehicles Select-a-Plate.
It costs only $10/year!
(unfortunately, Kentucky charges $100/year for personalized plates)
What qualifications do I have
to spout-off about tennis?
- I have been playing tennis - - mostly self-taught - - since 1975.
- Participated in many forms of play, including pick-up games,
tournament/league play, club play, mixers, and my own events.
- Treasurer for the Natick, MA, Tennis Association
(a grass roots organization which raised over $10,000 in 1991
to rebuild the local high school's badly deteriorated tennis courts).
- TLC Coordinator for the 'The Tennis Group', Wash DC for a number of years
('Tennis Lovers Care' volunteers brought cheer and aid to those in need).
- Volunteer for tennis socials, auction, and pro-am tournament
for the Arts for the Aging (AFTA) of Bethesda, MD, 2005 and 2006 (co-organizer).
- Volunteer driver at the Legg-Mason Pro-Tennis Championships for three years in Wash, DC.
- Lent my playing and teaching skills at the Frankfort, KY, Girl Scouts' Convention in 2006.
- Volunteer usher at the Fifth-Third Tennis Challenger event in Lexington, KY in 2006.
- I have been to the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, RI, a few times
(every true tennis enthusiast should visit it and/or Wimbledon, as I have . . . both!).
- USTA Provisional Referee for a year (not enough work to go around!). :,(
- USTA Tournament Court Supervisor at Midway College, KY, in 2006 and 2007.
- Captained a USTA Tri-Level League team in 2007
(notice how I didn't mention that we didn't win a single match!)
- Helped a drive to collect racquets for Cambodian children in 2009
(a private philanthropic venture spearheaded by a friend).
You can examine the HTML code for this webpage by hitting the "View" toolbar item on the top of Netscape browsers, then clicking on "Page Source"; other browsers may have similar functionality.I wanted to create a tennis-based website
I will (or, at least, whenever I get around to it!)
post things of interest (at least, to me!), such as the following:
And here are some things you won't see on my site: